canon g1x mark ii optional grip

by Bert Koster
(Almere, Netherlands)

Canon G1X Mark II Grip

Canon G1X Mark II Grip

Canon G1X Mark II Grip
G1X Mark II Camera


I do some underwater photography, and for that purpose I just bought a new underwaterhouse (Ikelite).
Since I live in the Netherlands, the grip on my G1x mark ii is a european one (the one you talk about in your article about the optional grip ;-))
Problem with it is, that with this "bigger" grip, the camera does not fit in the underwaterhouse.....
So my question is, how do I get a USA grip, or at least what is the name of it, so I can search for it, since I have to remove the European grip for the ikelite underwaterhousing.
I hope the reverse from your article is also posible. Otherwise my camera will be a bit "naked" underwater....

Bert Koster
the Netherlands

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your question about the G1X Mark II and it's two grip options. I agree it's not a good idea to be naked when you shoot underwater photos with your G1X Mark ii. I would go directly to your support in Europe for Canon, call them and ask.

Company Canon Europa NV
Address Bovenkerkerweg 59
1185 XB
The Netherlands
Fax +31 20 5458545
+31 20 5458222

I've always found the Canon support people to be knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with, once you get them on the phone or by email. I wonder if you can simply remove your bigger grip and shoot without any grip at all and still have the underwater housing fit snugly.

Please let me know how it works out for you.


G1X Mark II Grip
G1X Mark II Accessories

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Canon Geek.

Written by Bruce Lovelace

This is a business website for me and this page may contain affiliate links that help me pay for this site. Please review the affiliate statement at the very bottom of this page before you buy any product that I recommend.