Is it really a good idea to look at Canon Cameras on Amazon.com? There are advantages and disadvantages of buying cameras and accessories on Amazon. Click here for a carousel of Highly rated Canon Digital Cameras on Amazon.
1. Return policy - The procedure for returning an item is very easy. I purchased a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW Camera Bag. Upon receiving it, I tested the fit with my 5D Mark III and 70-200 f2.8 lens attached and discovered it was not big enough.
The return procedure was simple and quick with a few clicks starting at My Account" on Amazon. I printed the return label and dropped of the box at a local UPS Store.
2. Great price - I look for bargains like every other photographer out there. Sometimes you can beat the prices by a little, but the excellent communication and service is a good part of the buying experience.
3. Reviews - You can get a good sampling of other people's opinions on the product before you buy. When you buy it at a store you have no idea how many peole have purchased the camera and if they liked it or not.
4. Travel and Traffic - You can sit in the comfort of your own home, perhaps in your pajamas and shop. No need to start up the car, fight the trafic and the crowds and listen to a salesperson who isn't a photographer anyway.
1. Separation from product - You can't hold your camera in your hands and get a sense of it's size and weight in person before you buy.
2. Delivery - If you go to a traditional store you get to walk out of the store with your new camera in hand. If you order on-line, you have to wait a day or a few for delivery.
1. Read the reviews - You can learn a lot from those who have gone before you in their quest for the best camera choice.
2. Do several related searches - Change the terms you search for your ideal Canon cameras on Amazon. Use a variety of terms such as "Canon point and shoot" or "Canon digital cameras" or "Canon compact cameras, or "Canon DSLR cameras"
3. Use the sort by function - You can look at your search results by relevance, popularity, rating or price. Rearrange to get a different perspective on what each search has given you for results.
Use the Carousel below. I've done a lot of research and have been using cameras for over 40 years. If you don't want to spend a lot of time reading the many reviews on digital cameras and want a shortcut to a good camera, the carousel has some pretty safe bets on getting the camera you want.
One of my other favorite on-line camera retailers is Adorama. I bought my EOS 70D from them. Here is the link to their site, which also includes buyer reviews.Canon Camera Reviews on Adorama
Written by Bruce Lovelace