50mm Lens for my Canon Rebel T5

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II Lens

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II Lens

"Hi
I am looking to purchase a 50mm canon lens for my Rebel (t5) camera. I am afraid to purchase the wrong lens as there are so many to chose from. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks "

Thanks for asking about what Canon 50mm lens to pair up with your Canon Rebel t5.

It really is a matter of personal choice for you. There are quite a few choices when it comes to picking one of the Canon nifty fifty lenses. There are advantages and disadvantages with all of them.

Best Canon 50mm lens

I currently own a f/1.4 version, but generally I point newbie photographers to the f/1.8 II because it is so affordable and more than fast enough for most photographer's needs.

This article will help: Canon 50mm Lenses.

The best 50mm lens from Canon for you depends on your shooting style and your budget to get one. The price range for the different maximum apertures of the f/1.2, f1.4, f/1.8, and 2.5 macro versions is huge.

Good luck,
Bruce

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Canon Geek.

Author Bruce Lovelace
Bruce Lovelace Signature

Bruce Lovelace is the publisher of Canon Camera Geek. Read more about him on the About Page. He also publishes how to articles and camera gear reviews at the Photography Tips website.

View some of Bruce's photos on Instagram  and Flickr  Join the Tribe: YouTube. Visit the Canon Geek FaceBook Group. Bruce runs photo workshops and provides 1 on 1 digital photography coaching.

You might like these

Search for articles on this Site:

Recent Articles

1. Is The Canon g11 Any Good? Sample Fall Foliage Photos + How To Help

Jan 20, 22 08:09 AM

Here is a Canon g11 photo sample fall foliage. It's a great time to test your Canon g11 and its ability to capture nature's splendid colors

Read More

2. Canon Lens Filters Size Chart and List of Popular Filters to Use

Jan 18, 22 06:01 AM

You want to know what size filter your lens takes. Helpful guide on Canon Lens Filters. Filter Kits for Canon Camera Lenses

Read More

3. Do Polarizing filters work on a Canon EF M 11-22mm Lens?
    (How About Polarisers?)

Jan 18, 22 05:45 AM

Question from a CanonCameraGeek reader: Can you actually effectively use polariser filter on canon ef m 11-22mm lens? Hello Vlayko, Thanks for asking

Read More

4. Canon Off-camera Shoe Cord Will Make Your Lighting Spectacular

Jan 08, 22 07:03 AM

One of the easiest ways to dramatically improve your lighting is to use a Canon Off-Camera Shoe Cord. Get your Speedlite OFF the Camera

Read More

5. Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2-Create Pro Lighting With Speedlites

Jan 07, 22 05:44 AM

If you need to remotely trigger a Canon Speedlite, one solution is to use a Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2. Simple controls, lightweight and has two channels

Read More

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Canon Geek Newsletter.