This page may contain affiliate links that pay me a small commission. There is no cost to you. You can review the affiliate statement at the very bottom of this page if you want more information. As an Amazon affiliate Canon Camera Geek may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at NO added cost to you.


Price seems

by Sal
(Grand Island, NY)

Canon t5i with 18-135mm lens

Canon t5i with 18-135mm lens



Looking at a T5i with a 18-135 lens. Everyone seems to have it for around 850 except 2 places. One has it for 699 and the other 599. All specs seem the same (and not refurbished). Could it be made in Canada or somewhere else? What's up?

Thanks for your question about the Canon Rebel t5i, Sal.

The old saying that if it sounds too good to be true....should give you a clue that something is amiss.

I can't comment specifically on what you found since I don't know what sources you are using to get your prices for the t5i.

Retailers all have to make some money. Competition keeps pricing in check and if you see one retailer showing a dramatic difference in price, it makes me suspect.

I can tell you that I now only buy equipment from trusted sources. When I was in high school, I purchased equipment from a camera store at the local shopping mall. When I was in photography school, I purchased through long-time trusted photography equipment catalogs.

When I started my photography business I purchased some used equipment on ebay without too many issues, a few small ones but I had very little money at the time.

I then relied on BandHPhoto/Video in NYC
for several years before the internet changed our world forever.

Now I almost exclusively use Amazon for 90% of my purchases, including household items, personal items, cameras and accessories. The other 10% I use Adorama.

Hope that helps you with making the right decision for your situation.

Good Luck,
Bruce


Prices and reviews of the T5i on Amazon

Canon t5i - My thoughts.

Comments for Price seems

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
No experience
by: BRUCE

Not a big fan of profit-driven better business bureau

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
BBB
by: Anonymous

Checked the lowest cost site on the Better Bus. Bur. The official name is Westmark Electronics LLC. DBA Abes of Maine. 217 closed complaints in the last 3 years. Anyone have any experience with them?


Abe of Maine has been around as a photography retailer for quite some time. Perhaps a phone call directly to them and questioning them would be a great idea.



Good Luck!


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Canon Geek.


Author Bruce Lovelace
Bruce Lovelace Signature

Bruce Lovelace is the publisher of Canon Camera Geek. Read more about him on the About Page. He also publishes how to articles and camera gear reviews at the Photography Tips website.

View some of Bruce's photos on Instagram  and Flickr  Join the Tribe: YouTube. Visit the Canon Geek FaceBook Group. Bruce runs photo workshops and provides 1 on 1 digital photography coaching.


You might like these



Search for articles on this Site:


Recent Articles

  1. Best Canon Powershot G12 Guide. Best way to Get The Most From Your G12

    May 25, 22 06:54 AM

    You;re looking for help with using the Powershot G12. This could very well be the Best Canon Powershot G12 Guide. Surprisingly helpful!

    Read More

  2. Canon EOS R High ISO Test. Does This Affordable Full Frame Match Up?

    May 19, 22 02:36 PM

    Noise and a loss in sharpness can be a result of using high ISO settings, so I did my own Canon EOS R High ISO Test

    Read More

  3. Canon Camera Body Selection Help-Bird Photography

    May 17, 22 09:05 PM

    Hello; I am a casual photographer at best. I have Canon Digital Rebel EOS XTI with a Sigma 18-200mm 1:3.5 - 6.3. A pair of owls moved in our area and

    Read More

  4. Is The Canon R Any Good. Is it a Professional Camera, Worth the Money?

    May 16, 22 08:23 PM

    Canon EOS R worthiness. A helpful view of whether it's any good. Is the Canon R a professional camera worth buying

    Read More

  5. If Same Batteries Are Used in Different Cameras, Why Can't Battery Grips?

    May 15, 22 09:12 PM

    If my LP-E6 battery works in my 7D mark i and in my R6? why can't don't they make a universal battery grip? Money grab? $350 for a battery grip... I know

    Read More



Sign up for a monthly update

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Canon Geek Newsletter.